Fair Work Center (a 501c3 nonprofit organization) & Working Washington (a 501c4 nonprofit organization) — two related organizations that share an Executive Director, staff, and other resources — are issuing a request for information to help us in exploring a new vendor for providing our nonprofit organizations with accounting services. (Download the PDF here:Accounting services RFI)
We share operations across both organizations so we require vendors familiar with c3 and c4 compliance guidelines as they relate to accounting and bookkeeping. We operate on an accrual basis.
While we handle day to day accounts payables and receivables, we are looking for support with the following services:
- Reconcile bank, credit card, and other financial accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain chart of accounts and class list
- Make appropriate accrual and deferral entries
- Provide financial reports to management, as needed
- Assist Operations staff with general ledger entries
- Complete year-end closing entries
- Prepare and file yearly 1099s and W2s
- Prepare and file yearly 990s
- Assist in the development of Financial Policies and Procedures
- Assist in responding to annual audit(s)
- Assist Operations staff with additional Quickbooks support, as needed
- Other related accounting items, as needed
Vendors who are interested in working with us should respond to the survey questions (follow this link) or email their responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name
- Company name
- Company EIN
- Does your business qualify as a Women & Minority Owned Business Enterprise?
- What are your hourly rates?
- Do you have experience working with 501c3 and 501c4 nonprofit organizations?
- What else should we know about your and your company?