WHO WE ARE
We are workers, united across different industries to improve our working conditions and our lives. We are coming together as a multiracial community of working people, including immigrants, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ workers.
WHAT WE DO
We build power through education, organizing, and enforcement. We work to raise and uphold standards in the workplace. And we fight for economic and racial justice in our communities. Here’s how:
We learn together about our rights as workers, and we develop the tools to exercise our rights and make them real.
We organize, speak out, and take action to win changes in our workplaces and our lives. Together, we transform industry practices, change laws, and shift norms around the value of work.
We hold employers accountable to workplace laws and standards through legal services, and we use the law creatively to help build our movement.
WHY WE DO IT
We see a future where all jobs are good jobs, and where all workers are respected and thrive in our workplaces and our communities.
- All workers deserve respect.
- Organizing together is how we build our power.
- Our economy thrives when workers thrive because workers are the driving force behind our economy – not the stock market or investors or technology.
- As workers, we are the experts in our own lives, and we should be leading the work to identify and solve the issues we face.
- Every worker deserves to know our rights at work and have the ability to exercise those rights; and no worker should be retaliated against for standing up for our rights at work.
- We must fight for racial justice and economic justice. We cannot have one without the other.
- Our political and economic systems must be transformed to center the needs of working-class and poor people.
Danielle Alvarado, Executive Director
Jeremiah Miller, Legal Director
Mohamed Ahmed, Community Engagement & Basebuilding Educator
Zhi Chen, Operations Coordinator
Janae Choquette, Staff Attorney
Edy Dominguez, Community Engagement & Basebuilding Educator
Colleen Fontana, Senior Community Engagement & Basebuilding Educator
Emily Grove, Staff Attorney
Angelina Lara, Community Engagement & Basebuilding Educator
Lexi Peterson-Burge, Development Director
Vega Pratt, Program Data Admin
Roca, Community Engagement & Basebuilding Educator
Kellan Rockett, Communications Specialist
Alexis Rufi, Paralegal
Hannah Sabio-Howell, Communications Director