Job Opportunity: Data Systems Administrator
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Fair Work Center is looking for someone excited about wrangling, organizing, and maintaining our data and CRM systems. In the first year of this position, the Data Systems Administrator will work with an outside Salesforce consultant to support the development, testing, and release of all applications of Salesforce in the organization. Once the new instance is up and running, the Data Systems Administrator will provide ongoing support and training to staff, as well as the ongoing maintenance of our Salesforce instance and managing integrations with other digital tools. This position will also be responsible for managing our data, including regular uploading and synching across platforms, deduping contacts, and pulling reports and lists to support worker outreach and organizing, as well as for grant reporting or other needs as they arise. This position will report to the Director of Operations and will work across teams to support all staff in the organization. This position will also occasionally perform similar work for our sibling organization, Working Washington, on an as-needed basis.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
We are workers, united across different industries to improve our working conditions and our lives. We are coming together as a multiracial community of working people, including immigrants, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ workers.
We build power through education, organizing, and enforcement. We work to raise and uphold standards in the workplace. And we fight for economic and racial justice in our communities. Here’s how:
EDUCATION – We learn together about our rights as workers, and we develop the tools to exercise our rights and make them real.
ORGANIZING – We organize, speak out, and take action to win changes in our workplaces and our lives. Together, we transform industry practices, change laws, and shift norms around the value of work.
ENFORCEMENT – We hold employers accountable to workplace laws and standards through legal services, and we use the law creatively to help build our movement.
- Manage our Salesforce implementation project and act as day to day point of contact with our implementation consultants
- Collaborate with Salesforce implementation consultants and designated leads from each team across the organization to ensure our new Salesforce instance is designed and built to meet a wide variety of data needs in our work
- Work with staff across the organization who use Salesforce, providing training and continued support, and coordinate with technical vendors when needed
- Respond to support requests and needs of users with prompt, simple, and complete resolutions that address technical and operational challenges
- Create and maintain custom fields, workflows, processes, validation rules, permission sets, custom objects, new page layouts, and other CRM configurations
- Build and generate custom reports and dashboards, modification of page layouts, email templates, and creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Ensure data accuracy and security across the organization with regular quality assurance checks; responsible for essential integrity of information and data
- Work with staff to proactively identify new system requirements and desired enhancements, customizations, and optimizations
- Maintain 3rd-party integrations with other digital tools, as well as maintaining any customizations or automations built for our instance
- Develop and improve lists, reports, and dashboards to support outreach, engagement, and organizing with workers across the state, as well as for grant reporting and annual planning purposes
- Assist in grant reporting by producing reports on grant deliverables and activities
- Familiarity with CRMs, and Salesforce in particular
- Experience and comfort working with large datasets and contact lists
- Proficient with data migration via export and import, and use of Excel or Google Sheets to facilitate downloads/uploads and data transformations
- Established ability to work collaboratively with coworkers at all levels of an organization as well as external consultants and partners
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as troubleshooting expertise
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Ability to learn quickly as Salesforce rolls out new features and when using existing features for the first time or in a new way
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and through email
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to collaborate with and learn from team members
- Understanding of, and commitment to, undoing structural and institutional racism and bias and the spectrum of gender identity and bias
- Experience in database and/or Salesforce administration and management
- Familiarity with specific Salesforce tools, including: Process Builder, Flows, Lightning Pages, and Custom Settings
- Familiarity with EveryAction and/or other digital engagement tools, including: Action Network, Paperform, Typeform, etc.
- Experience training and supporting non-technical staff in the use of digital tools
- Knowledge of capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack
- Experience with using data to support worker organizing
- Familiarity with nonprofit processes, such as case management, donor tracking and engagement, and grant reporting
- Salesforce certifications
- Working knowledge of the organizational functions and priorities of Fair Work Center & Working Washington
Salary & Benefits: This is a bargaining unit position. Salaries are set by the union pay scale, with starting pay between $56,445 – $67,308, based on experience, and significant annual step increases and COLAs each year. Generous benefits package, including fully-paid family health care, employer 401k contribution, substantial holidays, vacation and sick leave, and ORCA card.
Other Info: This is a salaried overtime exempt position based in our Seattle or Yakima office. It may require occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel throughout the state to support users in other offices or locations. Our team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant’s last name and “Data Systems Administrator” in the subject line. In your cover letter, let us know why you’re interested in this role and which skills you believe will make you successful in it. Applications will be accepted through January 21, 2022 and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Commitment to Equity – Fair Work Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people from communities most negatively affected by historical and ongoing inequity to apply, particularly: people of color, immigrants, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We seek candidates whose lived experiences reflect the lived experiences of the workers we support. If you need disability, language or other accommodation in the application process, please contact Zhi Chen at email@example.com.